Tokyo Nights - 24/11/2022

Decker Great Britain

Tokyo Nights - 24/11/2022

Post by Decker »

And this weeks exciting episode, not really, just a mid level explosive.

Don't other upgrading zoom unless it's to complete the last level, there is no zoom.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Tokyo Nights - 24/11/2022

Post by GWD »

Even though it doesn't state it, search-and-destroy seems to work if the target is centered on the screen. It makes sense since there are no sights and no zoom. It is a bit weak and will not likely be useful. Another event just to be an event.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this weapon is the first single-shot shooter in quite a while. Definitely a disadvantage with this type of weapon.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

After using the weapon for a bit it is going to be a challenge to take out a large number of SMs given the slow repetitive shot functioning. You can't just tap the mouse but have to wait a bit of time for the gun's action to function. Reloading is not terrible but takes additional time.

The only upgrade worth doing is Magazine Size. The others have no use except to advance levels to win the weapon (as noted by Decker).
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

It's also behaving as recent weapons have, multiple shots required for kill regardless of upgrade level.

I think we're seeing the new norm here.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Complete chapter 10 and this is what you get, Brutal affinity with +75% PvP, +75% to drones & Infravision, also seek and destroy is a bit naff as it keeps mistargeting or hitting obstructions which get you killed...
Attachments
gun.PNG
gun.PNG (687.24 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

I'm experiencing the same with using this weapon. There are some goons in the event that are near or behind obstacles that cannot be easily accessed by the explosive projectiles.

Another oddity that it has a learning curve being that the aim of the weapon affects the path of the bombs. IE. aiming to the far right of the screen causes the bombs to make a wide arc to the left. It helps in getting by obstacles. Centering the target on screen is generally effective but it seems that you never really know where the bombs are heading. Sometimes a sniper that is being aimed at is able to get off a shot while the bombs go elsewhere.