Upgrade/Change Non PvP Weapon

Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Upgrade/Change Non PvP Weapon

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Hey GWD, is there any Scuttle Butt on Discord around how to manage Non PvP Weapons??
Decker Great Britain

Re: Upgrade/Change Non PvP Weapon

Post by Decker »

I think we'd all like to know, and why it changed in the first place :?
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Corporal Kiwi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:09 am Hey GWD, is there any Scuttle Butt on Discord around how to manage Non PvP Weapons??
No discussions that I have seen. Are you referring to the "ONLY" weapons that are specifically used for Arena and WU? Something else?

What would you like to manage? Upgrades? Affinities? Or?

Since I don't play some of the newer and quirky events there is no personal experience that I can offer.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

There appears to be no way to upgrade/change your Assault or Sniper Weapon for use when playing Missions that I can find.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Hmmm. Yes, I have had that problem. What I do now is to assign a gear set to one of the 10 pre-set stations and then assign a mission numbered weapon of choice (ie. R32). For a sniper my choice is Lapin (or any star attribute w/barrage) with Goldshot (infinite ammo, star attribute, R32). That combo gives a barrage and no reloads in missions.

Assault weapons with R-ratings don't have attributes so I just use a barrage avatar and put up with what assault weapon GL assigns. However, you may try to put a R-rated assault weapon with the barrage avatar in one of the 10 stations and see if it gets assigned to missions.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Strange, as I don't have any of the weapons currently used in missions equipped to any gear set but yet have both a Sniper and Assault available.
Note that they can not be changed in the Mission environment.

Also Interesting, where TF have all of my Weapons gone??

Weapons.jpg
Weapons.jpg (261.4 KiB) Viewed 6400 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

You are correct that the weapons can't be changed on the mission screen. That is why the 10/11, suit/weapon slots for PVP have to be used. Using a PVP slot seems to change the mission weapon when one of those slots has an R-rated weapon. Give it a try.

If not using one of the PVP slots for an R-weapon then GL just assigns a sniper and assault weapon randomly. Just a game oddity.

You have a couple of R32 snipers so assign one of them to a slot and see what happens. Unfortunately, GL doesn't name the weapon on the mission page so note how it physically looks to confirm its identity.

I have accidentally changed a PVP slot with an R-weapon to something else and the mission weapon changes to something else that is not wanted. Then going back to the PVP slot and putting my chosen R-weapon in changed the mission weapon back to what I wanted.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Kiwi:
Maybe these screenshots can explain more about what was posted. Hope I am on the right track for what you are looking for.

PVP assignment
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (175.61 KiB) Viewed 6389 times

Result in missions
Capture_1.JPG
Capture_1.JPG (99.43 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Thanks Guys, works a treat. Just a shame GL never released the change in their Update Notes
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

A couple more details:

> The above technique also works for assault weapons. I just tried it.

> It is not necessary to have the PVP slot with the R-weapon active. Just assigning a R-rated weapon to any of the slots activates it automatically. No need to switch from the main PVP slot that you use.