The Forge

Decker Great Britain

The Forge

Post by Decker »

It's back for another run, (not as I'd hoped at the end of the 3 stage exotic so we could use up the left over parts but right in the middle of it - thanks Gameloft!) this time they've upped the costs and reduced the value of fuel (again - thanks Gameloft!).

The offerings are again a bit mediocre, but if your careful you can get something useful for what has essentially just been jamming up your stores.

But as always there's a flaw (it's GameLoft isn't it , there had to be a problem that works against players and for them), you can OVERFUEL, you can keep adding to fuel even though you've completed the required amount and it will just keep taking it, when you get to your last stage go carefully and check how much is still needed as you get close to completing. You can duck in and out as often as you like till you get it bang on.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The Forge

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I would just wish the selections were auto click, trying to get rid of 1000+ parts is going the lead to RSI
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

If you have a programmable mouse you can create a macro with your own clicks and have it cycle over and over. Or create a recording of a minute of your clicks and only click once to get the minute of clicks (not as efficient).

Doing so will make it "your clicks" and not alert a bot to an auto-clicker which might result in a ban.

The Logitech G502 Lightspeed is such a mouse. There are others that are not so expensive.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I've got a fully programmable mouse :D which has additional buttons one of which gives me a triple click (that is hardware not a macro or software so not cheating :lol: )

Funny thing is Gameloft can't catch proper cheaters but will ban someone who is simply trying to save themselves from injury - A HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE STANCE, but as we know it won't be the first time they've crossed the line with players!
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Well it came back again AFTER the exotic event had ended so the left over parts once again are simply stolen from players.

Third time 'The Forge' has appeared and it looks like we're stuck with high cost of items available/low value of parts needed for fuel, that and the available items seem to be dwindling, only one gear set this time and anything you would actually want is in the premium item slots, so your 250 rubies in before you even get started, and that's each round they don't remain unlocked...

Any high hopes I had for The Forge are rapidly joining all the other 'promising' features in the game.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

I'm just doing Master Packs when I think of it. Not very interesting as you point out.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I don't even bother opening the locked slots, it's not worth it.

But seems to be par for the course, the VIP Events have became a joke too.

You need to spend 50,000 rubies in one, where the hell do you get that many and then spend them on what, a load of crap ?????
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Hey Decker, It is simple - in my currency (NZD) all you have to is spend $2433 and you get the works.
Don't laugh, they are out there. Daddys' credit card has now limits.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Spot on Corp, unfortunately there are people out there who are actually that stupid!!!

And they allow them out unsupervised...
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

We, the grunts, finally get the forge back again, still not waiting to the end of a running exotic so we can use up left over parts, and what's actually in it.

Couple of old gear sets, some really untempting items and then I came across this, 1% base defence, yep that's it no extra 50% if your using a sniper or any other condition, ,just 1%!

If you want anything remotely useful you'll need to open premium too, and wait for it, if you want a deputy or master pack (in fact pretty much all the 'premium' items, that wasn't made clear before you unlock premium) you'll need to pick 11 other items first leaving only 1 slot available (so I wouldn't bother unlocking the slots just take the junk already in them and pick the lowest cost items to fill it), so you'll be lucky if you get one of each this time round, pathetic offering from GameLoft yet again, it's however impressive how they manage to take a good part of the game and cripple it beyond belief, real bunch of rocket scientists at work!

AND - if your using weapon parts BEWARE they get added 100 at a time now so go carefully there and pick the parts wisely as you will almost 100% be forced to go over when adding fuel.
Attachments
forge.PNG
forge.PNG (247.13 KiB) Viewed 5183 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Here is a hint that has worked in the past for delayed availability items. If you fill up all the slots to unlock a Deputy, you might be able to go back and replace the previous slots with a Deputy or Deputies. Of course, don't start the Forge until you refill the slots. Hope GL doesn't read this.

It may not work anymore but it used to.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Doesn't work, if you remove a previous item it removes everything after it!

Even gear parts need 8 slots filled first, they did it again, took a good thing and wrecked it, doubt I'll be using it again, another part of the game I won't use that's about 50% so far, well done GameLoft again.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

And it's back again, still with the only actual desirable/useful items locked as 'premium' which will cost you 250 rubies to unlock, once you have unlocked them you find your limited as to how many you can forge, with , again, having to fill 10 slots first before you can select them, leaving you only 2 slots for the good stuff.

Another way GameLoft get to say 'stuff you' to players, I wonder if 'premium' players get such a crappy forge?
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

I decided to not even open this Forge to look at it. Folks on Discord are quite displeased because of what you have observed.

Lesson learned: Jump on the new projects when they come out and before GL wises up to how to manipulate players. This has happened in past introductions as well.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Agreed, only 2 thing in it that I would want and 1 of those has been loused up, master packs, last time I opened a few all I got was garbage which at the cost of them is total daylight robbery...