Patch Notes

GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Patch Notes

Post by GWD »

OMG!! Have you seen the new patch notes on Discord - Update 52. Lots and lots of opportunity to release the locus (bug) hoards.

Way too long to cut-n-paste and no link so you'll have to hunt it down yourself.
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Patch Notes

Post by GWD »

Update A: The folks on Discord are having an absolute fit about the changes to Arena. Since I don't play it, I can't really comment.

Perhaps someone else can clarify what the big issue is. Something about permanent mods becoming temporary mods that expire.
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I have played the Arena a little bit but gave up due to the way it is setup. Players that started out at the beginning had a lot of mods offered for nearly nothing and advanced at a great rate of knots, those that came in later found it near impossible to advance due to the advantage of the longer playing dudes. This is where I came in and gave up. So I am thinking, that those that had the advantages from the start are now up in arms because GL is trying to more players into the arena by removing Permanent Mods and making them Temp Mods thereby also making players pay to get Packs that offer Mods. Another Money Grabing exercise that hurts the long term player.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

:o so collected perm boosts are to get nuked, another GameLoft classic, only reason I play arena is season rewards so don't really care about being a top player, happy with the stage I'm in, but nuking perm boosts will either level the playing field or more likely just pander to the credit card (and the other ones) mob, which is of course what Gameloft wants.

Don't know why GameLoft doesn't just cut the BS and advertise Sniper Fury as a 'Pay to Play' game...
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Well, SF is free to play in a sense. However, it is definitely "Pay to Win".

There is only so much losing one can do before quitting or coughing up the cash.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I used to buy the monthly rubies subscription whilst it was still fun, but as GameLoft got greedier I stopped that, as did so many others at that time.

In today's 'Special Offers' is a set of 6* SM's for £25, only 2 packs available so you could grind the SM's upgrades and get a set of 7* SM's - WOOP! This is a move to catch newbies to the game to make them think 6* SM's are good and 7* SM's are great so they rush to hand over cash to find that a fully upgraded 7* base can be taken down with as few as 2 shots in the first screen.

Shyster tactics = shyster company
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Ha, Ha. GL folded on the Arena changes after the uproar on Discord. They plan to implement it next year.

At least we know that GL is listening to complaints. Still, they plan to have the changes next year so everyone is prepared and has a chance to cool down. Not much comfort there.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

So they just hope there will be less uproar next year, not too bright are they :lol:
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Now here's an idea, shut the Arena down completely and go back to the core game
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

It's all about monetising so they won't close any part they are charging money for thing to use in it, arena weapons and gear are an example of that along with packs of consumables so it's here to stay.

Even if they went back to the core game they would have to rewind so many add-ons and stuff they just changed for their convenience, like progress reset every month, a lot of people worked VERY hard to get to diamond league (including me fighting tooth and nail to keep my number 1 spot when I finally got it) when that just got reset I lost the drive to get back up, I don't bother anymore, PvP is just for completing tasks which this game has become all about, no real player to player just click - click - repeat...