Alien Sky 3 Stage Event - 09/07/2021

Decker Great Britain

Alien Sky 3 Stage Event - 09/07/2021

Post by Decker »

Here we go again;

3 stage event, so full upgrades required.

Upgrade requirements start low at 1 of each part except cores, then 1 or 2 of each part including cores for the next level, and you need to upgrade after Chapter 1 Mission 3 (I picked scope first as it's low to start with).

Very fast rate of fire and reload is slow, beware I emptied the mag of 40 in 2 shots!

Gear after stage 2 looks okay, for a change, Star Stunt (no gags please, I've already done them :lol: ) each part +15% exotic, and the usual barrage and exclusive.

For a change the weapons name actually changes at each new stage, Stage 1 - Doom & Gloom, Stage 2 - Sharktooth (probably due to the mounted blade change of design, looks a bit like sharks teeth), Stage 3 - Carnage.

Stage 3 SM's, 11* shield/crit hit/effect protection, an incomplete set again, so watch for cash purchase or ridiculous amounts of rubies to get the 2 most wanted, that part hasn't changed with GameLoft still promoting it's 'pay to play' strategy.

With the Sm's on offer here I'm hoping the weapon will actually be powerful enough to take on a base loaded with the squaddies, but who knows what will happen...
Attachments
gun.PNG
gun.PNG (459.01 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
lvl1.PNG
lvl1.PNG (244.77 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
lvl2.PNG
lvl2.PNG (277.03 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Alien Sky 3 Stage Event - 09/07/2021

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Thanks for the update Decker, will be interesting to see what the 3rd stage requirements will be??
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Looks to be full upgrades at all stages, they did mess it up once and some got to keep a weapon not fully upgraded but relying on that would be risky.

Chapter 2 Mission 1 requires a weapon upgrade and again at Mission 4.

Reload time is horribly slow and as the rate of fire can empty a mag in 2 shots that will be a huge downside in PvP (unless you have shedloads of unlimited ammo boosts, but that may be the reason behind it, seems to be a lot of changes making sure you use up consumables).

Requirements for Lvl3-4 upgrade (this one is stability, the total will be the same for the others but the number of parts will differ);
Attachments
lvl3-4.PNG
lvl3-4.PNG (118.86 KiB) Viewed 4197 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 3 - same again, Mission 1 needs an upgrade done and again at Mission 4, looks like that is going to be the norm, if it is at least there be one thing uniform in the game!

Upgrades, I'm sticking to getting the mag max'd as I'm fed up with the reload speed...
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 4, it's upgrade time again at the first and fourth missions, parts are going to be short again I think as the higher level upgrades are coming up.

Looks like mag is going to be 65 rounds limit, hopefully that gets an increase at stage 2 & 3 as the reload is still a huge disadvantage.

Level 4-5 and 5-6 upgrades below, as before the total number of parts should be the same but slight differences in which parts require how many for other upgrades.
Attachments
lvl4-5.PNG
lvl4-5.PNG (110.03 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
lvl5-6.PNG
lvl5-6.PNG (110.45 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I think you are right, I have used a deputy and have managed to get a bit ahead of the game. Still there are major short falls with parts, not just one as GL claim, I am under resourced in 2 so I am hoping not to have to open/buy too many packs to get the first level.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I noticed this last 3-stage event too, 2 parts in shortage, this time it's mags and chips for me...

Chapters 5 & 6 are the same as previous, upgrades required at missions 1 & 4, so that in mind an educated guess would mean 2 upgrades for each of stages 7, 8, 9 & 10 plus one extra for the last mission in stage 10.

So having done 11 upgrades already, and needing 9 more, that means all upgrades need to be done to complete stage 10.

I think I'm going to need one of the deputies I gained in the forge at least.

Still having doubts on the weapon, rate of fire and grouping is good, but reload speed is awful, at stage 6 it's showing signs of this limitation, as in you have to get the tangos in the right order as the freeze is shorter than the reload time, so a sniper, for example, will unfreeze before you can reload.

Taking the freeze time and the reload speed into account one cancels the other, making a dust collector in the making!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Hey Decker, Have you shut out the GL Mods? Just asking because they will be way to shut down ways/means we find???
Or do we PM??
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

:lol: Quite the opposite CK, GL was given an open invite to register and contribute, however I doubt they will as they don't want the responsibility of supporting THEIR games they'd rather the players do it, hence the requirement for a forum everyone can access.

There would be nothing they could do to shut it down either as it clearly states 'Unofficial' being quite clear this forum is not connected with GameLoft in any way, and the server it runs on is mine :D so they'd have to issue a C&D order to me to take down the forums I put up :lol: which they have no right to insist on anyway.

Anyway, Chapter 7, same again, as expected upgrade to play mission 1, and again at mission 4.

Reload time is really getting to be a huge drawback now, a gear set with either slo-mo or barrage is definitely a plus here.

Ran a deputy last night too, as otherwise there would be no chance of collecting anywhere near enough parts to finish the stage.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 8 & 9 same again upgrade at Missions 1 & 4.

Reload speed and rate of emptying the mag are becoming serious now with the amounts of enemies needed to be taken out.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Well a bit of a change in Chapter 10 (I threw a few stones in to skip the wait as I was getting fed up) Upgrade at Mission 1, 3 & 5 (I guessed 1/4/5).

Scrapped through the last upgrade with 33/1/31/14/11 parts left, shows how much of a shortage there is on mags, artificially ridiculously short!

If the shortages keep going there will be a completely stupid amount of parts left over, unless Gameloft activate a new forge in the last couple of days of the event to let us actually use these parts for something rather than just loose them again.

I'm not going to bother testing the Stage 1 weapon on my base as it's the Stage 3 one that matters, but I do recon the reload will get me killed...
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

It seems to me that the weapon is designed to use barrage while it is reloading. Takes about the same amount of time.

If "Conduit" continues to be a factor in the next two weapons, and using a auto-reload Holo, the weapon MAY be useful. It appears to have decent power and this is only the first stage.

As usual, we will see.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Frostbite, runs out before reload is complete.
Symbiosis, will reload barrage on next kill, so very handy.
Unfortunately with barrage if a sniper has a bead on you his countdown to firing continues, that doesn't get slowed down.

If we get conduit in the next stage again useful, but as we know GameLoft are not overly generous so I'm not holding my breath...
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

My mistake. I meant Symbiosis in my post rather than Conduit.

Although Conduit would be nice!
Decker Great Britain

Stage 2 Carmine Blizzard 3 Stage Event - 16/07/2021

Post by Decker »

OK so upgrade requirements look like a previous event where they went nuts, so not looking good there.

Weapon affinity is unchanged, no extras in this stage, slight change in attributes.

We now have the 'shark tooth' type blade mounted, suppose that's why it's been named 'Sharktooth', but one thing sticks out, no rental symbol on the gun! Does this mean you get to keep it after the stage regardless of upgrade level?

The weapon itself, early impression, seems to have stopped spitting out half a mag per shot, which works in both directions good & bad I suppose, reload is still slow as hell so no improvement there.
Attachments
gun.PNG
gun.PNG (508.3 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
lvl1-2.PNG
lvl1-2.PNG (111.86 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
lvl2-3.PNG
lvl2-3.PNG (104.95 KiB) Viewed 4152 times