Stranded Event - 26th May 2021

Decker Great Britain

Re: 26th May 2021 - Stranded Event

Post by Decker »

This just gets better, and by that I mean worse!

Managed to do another upgrade, so 11, and I can only do the 1st mission in Chapter 9 - then it's asking for ANOTHER bloody upgrade...

Is it going to be one mission one upgrade from here on in???

Biggest question is how many more upgrades are actually going to be needed?

Apparently on 'Discord' someone said 70% upgraded, 70% of what, as so far I've upgraded to 97% of weapon max power, but there are still 9 more upgrades possible.

Time someone at GameLoft actually talked to it's customer base and stopped the secrecy designed to con money out of people with their illegal 'gambling' policy of running their games.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

I'm at the same place as you are, 9/1. Ran into the upgrade requirement also. Need 6 more plasma cores to upgrade...forget it.

All this for a severely under-performing weapon. Not going to spend a cent, open a pack, or drop a ruby to get any further. Likely won't win this weapon for the first time since Exotic events started.

Not sure what GL was thinking on this one. The only logic is to see how many resources players will spend to get a dog for a weapon.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

So to do Chapter 10 you need to upgrade again straight away, no first mission free this time, then again at mission 5.

You'll need slo-mo gear for boats and barrage for the others.

Tried the weapon out on my base and again barely made a scratch using VV for compatible gear, I know there are still some upgrades to go (and things tend to change after the event is finished) but it's not going to be that much better even with a hell of a reverse nerfing.

Another inexplicable change once you win the weapon is that it now takes out SM's in the event in one shot (most of the time as some chapters it doesn't seem to hold for) hitting the armour or not and boats now take 1-3 shots, no logic ever is there.

Another doorstop from GameLoft - thanks folks (sarcasm intended)!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c