Alien Sky - 9/11/2022

Decker Great Britain

Alien Sky - 9/11/2022

Post by Decker »

A single stage event this time, thankfully, with an initial underpowered weapon (2 shots to take down a drone (with flyswatter ability) or goon and 3 for a helio, really).

Basically doesn't suggest it's going to be worth it for higher level players, but we'll just struggle on and see, won't be throwing anything i don't need to at this one.

With 24 parts needed for the first upgrade I may not be the only one just forgetting this one.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Alien Sky - 9/11/2022

Post by GWD »

I'm going to play the event for giggles. There is no way the weapon will be strong at the end since it is 190 / 200 right at the start and can't do much as noted in the above post.

The weapon is similar to several others with the same inefficient sights. If it is won, it is destined for the closet. God-like boost might make it useful for some Warlord tasks.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Not excited by this event at all, although I have noticed that now upgrading is not a benefit it's now just a requirement.

Having upgraded as the chapters progress the goons are still taking as many as 3 hits as are drones and helios, no upgrade advantage if enemy strength increases as the chapters progress, just like survival.
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I find that if you use zoom a bit and put the top/flat of the inverted triangles at chest height you can usually get away with one shot.
Attachments
Shot.jpg
Shot.jpg (80.2 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I agree that zooming right in can give a direct hit which will take out a goon, the majority of the time, with one shot, although as the level increases it's a time factor, as in do you have enough time to zoom right in and out again to find your next target.

I've based it on only using quick zoom (right mouse click).
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

The aim point on the weapon is at the number "2" on the sight with two prongs sticking toward the inside. It is also that way on the other several guns with that style of sight.

Unfortunately, the sight, the numbers, and the prongs are very hard to see in subdued light thus making them relatively useless. I'm to the point of just emptying the magazine at whatever target appears and go on to the next after a reload. The reload interval is at no sight magnification so the next target can be picked up at that time. The slo-mo attribute is a help if that technique is used along with an avatar with barrage.

Hopefully, this is a 50% upgrade to own weapon situation. I've gotten to that upgrade point without using stored resources but won't know for sure until Chaper 10, Mission 5. Plasma cores are the usual shortage. If the weapon is not won then nothing gained, nothing lost.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

The finished item, pretty average.
Attachments
starshot.PNG
starshot.PNG (345.63 KiB) Viewed 2542 times