Bug Reports

Decker Great Britain

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Decker »

:D It's a 'special title' not just an ordinary rank (I added those as well just for a bit of fun) since your doing the fetching and carrying to donutsville er Discord :lol:
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Update on Vixen/XXIII Captain issue from "The Messenger". Entry on TRELLO.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (72.31 KiB) Viewed 4500 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

That just means it's been added to a list, not that they'll do anything about it.

Since they didn't even know it shows that the original forums are missed, someone goes on the forum and reports a fault, some others check it and confirm if it is or isn't, someone reports it, how are they going to manage that on discord...
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Discord is simply a chat room with half the people responding, "good morning" or "how are you" without any substantive reason except to be recognized.

Fortunately, (or un-) someone picked me sometime back, before the original forum was flushed, to be on a private Discord forum that has access to SF mods, developers, and such. They probably should have kicked me long ago since I rarely participate.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Don't get kicked just yet, how do you think you've got your rank ;)

Another long running issue when exotic events are on (for PC anyway, may be different on other platforms) is the increase in crashing/freezing/video playback failures. I always expect the increase in numbers of fails during an exotic as it has been for some time, but yesterday it took me a full 8 hours to get all the spin StW plays and 10 minute rushes for the event, not including base StW as I just didn't have time, it's time GameLoft looked again at their exotic event template and actually fixed it... :evil:
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Ban Hammer comes down.

All (at least what can be found) of the 11* SM cheaters have been banned. Don't know if its a permanent ban or not. Sources say it depends on past behavior.

I really can't decide if it is cheating or using an exploit that GL had in the programming. No matter because punishment is being meted out.

If you can believe it, the worst offender had over 20K illegal 11* SMs.

Maybe this will open up the 10* to 11* promotions that we have been waiting for.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Took em long enough! Should be a perm ban for all involved, you'd have to be thick to think doing that was okay...
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Newest information is that about 2 million (yes, million) 11* SMs were deleted as illegal. Hard to believe.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

:roll: Only GameLoft would let that many 'slip' through unnoticed, I mean it's hardly a boo-boo it's a major cluster, and will the innocent players get any form of compensation for their fun being ruined, I doubt it.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Another long running issue when exotic events are on (for PC anyway, may be different on other platforms) is the increase in crashing/freezing/video playback failures.

I always expect the increase in numbers of fails during an exotic as it has been for some time.

Yesterday it took me a full 8 hours to get all the spin StW plays and 10 minute rushes for the event, and again today over 6 hours and still not working, these are important during and exotic event so this is not just mildly annoying.

Not including base StW as I just didn't have time, it's time GameLoft looked again at their exotic event template and actually fixed it... :evil:
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Another day another round of vids not working, lucky if 1 in 12 work (and that's ONLY after multiple restarts), this tends to get much worse during exotic events which points clearly at GameLoft not 3rd party advertisers.

During exotic event a large number of players rely on being able to use time boosts and StW to get parts to finish without just mindlessly throwing packs at it (only to discover after the event it simply wasn't worth it).

GameLoft you charge ridiculous amounts of money for virtual goods in this game and don't even ensure the platform is substantial and robust enough for players, get your act sorted out, and have a look around for your plot whilst your at it!
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Thoroughly hacked off with Clan War, watched the countdown hit 1 second to go then change from planning to the spinning wheel button to START WAR and was greeted with a defeat pop-up! :evil:

This is an old and much reported bug/coding cock-up/server sync issue, and should have been fixed long ago.

I took timeout of my day to start the game up just for Clan War, only to be treated to GameLoft incompetence once again and to rub salt into the wounds I had used up clan resources to add a weapon boost didn't get them back either. :x

This is one of the reasons the original forums got closed - they don't like hearing just how badly they're doing...
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Something you don't see everyday, Dead before you start
Attachments
Dead Before You Start.jpg
Dead Before You Start.jpg (101.15 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

That's what I get, opposition gets to attack your core BEFORE battle is started, and they always do 0% damage but still win...

If you watch carefully you'll see your countdown, when it hits zero you'll get the button change and your core has already hit 0% before the button changes to BATTLE.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Second day of the normal StW stuck in a loop, not surprisingly in GameLofts favour.

You get to watch the video but any reward earned is not given, plus there is no timer (well it's a 1 second one which is only visible for a fraction of a second) it just goes on continuously.