Update #50

GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Update #50

Post by GWD »

GL announced that Update 50 is soon to be released. GL had to stop the update release today because of so many glitches. Patch notes are on Discord.

You can use this thread for reaction the the "new and improved" features on Update 50. It looks to be a major update. :lol:

The weapon/parts/whatever exchange (FORGE) looks to be an attempt to flush those old items that are never used. We will see.
Decker Great Britain

Re: Update #50

Post by Decker »

Unbelievably posted on the GameLoft forum, although doesn't show up under 'New posts' you'd need to actually look in News for it;

Lina From Gameloft UPDATE 50 PATCH NOTES Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 pm

Comrades, assemble for instruction!
This update is a big one and you’ll need to be prepared.

NEW FEATURES & CONTENT

• The Forge

We’re launching a new feature to help unload some of the items you don’t need or don’t want to use anymore. What you can gain? That’s your choice. You’ll be able to pick rewards ranging from gear, to bullets, base defenses, banners, even consumables and packs - and that’s not all.

How it works

The Forge works similarly to our VIP events; you win by reaching milestones one by one, the main difference being that in the Forge the choice is yours – you pick what to trade (among gear packs, gold bundles, craft parts, squadmate bundles* or weapons) and what you get out of it.
* the squadmate bundles are preset bundles we’ve made to help you generate fuel faster

The event consists of 2 stages:
Time to show off your resource management skills!

Step 1: choose the rewards you’ve set your eyes on and add them one by one in the available slots**. You can choose the same reward more than once.
Step 2: burn items from your Inventory as fuel and claim the chosen rewards

**you will sometimes find slots or items that require your action, like:
- predefined items occupying a slot; you can either keep it or change it by using rubies
- items that you can only add if you have added x amount of items before (at least x slots have to be occupied)
- premium rewards; you can only add them to the Forge by spending rubies

Important notes:

The feature is available starting Region 4.
When adding an item as fuel, you will see the amount it contributes with, right under its image.
Once burned, items cannot be restored, so be mindful of what you choose!

If you have time, you can ignite the Forge multiple times while the event is running.

• New squadmate perks

C-c-c-combos!

- Steadfast + Resistant – immune to critical hits and debuffs.
- Steadfast + Resurrect – immune to critical hits and resurrects upon death, if the gadget isn't destroyed in time.
- Resistant + Resurrect – immune to debuffs and resurrects upon death, if the gadget isn't destroyed in time.
- Vigilant + Steadfast – not affected by Sleeping Gas (regular version) and is immune to critical hits.
- Vigilant + Resistant – not affected by Sleeping Gas (regular version) and is not affected by debuffs.
- Vigilant + Resurrect – not affected by Sleeping Gas (regular version) and resurrects upon death, if the gadget isn't destroyed in time.

Anti-Consumable Perks

- Anti Godlike – not affected by the Godlike boost
- Super Vigilant – not affected by the Platinum version of the Sleeping Gas consumable (which bypasses the normal Vigilant perk)
- Anti Jackpot – nullifies the effects of the Jackpot consumable (if it can be doable); works only on the standard Jackpot, the Platinum one is not affected by this
- Anti Ghost – nullifies the effects of the Ghost consumable

5 new shield perks

- Void Shield
- Ice Veil
- Magma Vortex
- Chaos Ring
- Obsidian Wall

Add to that new camos, new weapons, and new squadmates! With a couple of surprises for you here: we’re dropping the monotonous squadmate names and adding a bit of pizzazz; plus, the themes you’ll see come up next were suggested by fellow players from our community on Facebook. So thank you for your contributions!

COMMUNITY REQUESTS

• Arena buffs & nerfs

The Arena has been infested with fleas and you’ve asked us to handle it. Here are a few from a series of changes that are bound to help re-establish some balance in this game mode.

- the cooldown of Relocate ability has been increased from 15s to 18s;
- the Mobility consumable has now an increased cooldown after its usage, it was 10s and now it’s 30s.
- the max value of Motivity has now been reduced from 12% to 8%

We’ll continue to monitor the activity in the Arena, and establish the next course of action based on your feedback. The plan is to gradually introduce changes to ensure balance.

• General Chat improvements

We’ve switched up to an upgraded online censoring system (it sends the input to the server and it checks if the word is blacklisted or not). Plus, we’ve made adjustments to the previous lists of banned words. This system will also give you more flexibility when choosing a clan or player name. The clan description will continue to work as before.
Just remember to keep it fun, casual, and clean!

• Transparent weapon upgrade requirements

The upgrade requirements for weapons have always been available as you progress through TLEs, but you’ve asked to know more in advance. Said and done! Look out for the event pop-ups and read more about completion requirements.

• Consumables activation

Some consumables will no longer activate automatically; you will be able to store them in inventory and activate them manually. This affects:
- Unlimited Energy
- Unlimited Spotter
- Unlimited Slow Time
- Triple XP
- Double XP

BUG FIXES

Starting with the previous update, back in March, we launched the Bug Fixing Roadmap on Trello.

Quick sum-up:
- Killed so far: 20 bugs
- Working on fixing: 20 issues
- Anti-hacking investigations: 3 ongoing exploits

Make sure to visit and follow the board to stay up to date with reported bugs and their status. https://gmlft.co/BugFixingRoadmap

EVENTS

• Your feedback was overwhelmingly positive, so we’ll continue running the Monthly VIP Events, in addition to the regular VIPs.

• We've changed some enemy types in Exotic Events:

- Alien Sky enemies changed to XXV squadmate set
- Carmine Blizzard enemies changed to XXII squadmate set
- Dam of Doom enemies changed to XVI squadmate set
- Stranded enemies changed to XVIII squadmate set
- Mirage enemies change to CASSIDY, BAXTER, COOPER, WESLEY, HARLOW, MAGNUS, RILEY, WILDER

• Made some visual adjustments to the DAM location:

- removed the radioactivity,
- removed green decals
- removed all radioactive elements

• We’ve added another layer to the Cellstrike Lucky Draw; after you win all the prizes, you can restart it for a wheel full of consumable items.

IN MEMORY OF SECTION ADDED TO CREDITS

We were very happy to be able to launch the Memorial Squad last month. As some of you noticed and mentioned, we were not able to commemorate all of our fallen snipers as heroes in the game, but this was just the beginning. With your support, we will maybe turn this into an annual Memorial Day Event.

In the meantime, we are adding a section in the game Credits to remember not only the members of the Memorial Squad, but all the other Snipers you told us about on our social channels during the remembrance campaign. They will not be forgotten!

IMPORTANT REMINDERS

Forum Closure

AS you know, the official Gameloft Forums will be closing very soon. We are considering newer, more modern, and more user-friendly options to communicate with all of you. The Sniper Fury Forum will be substituted by our two official Discord servers, which starting with this update you’ll find linked in the About section of the game.
https://gmlft.co/SniperFury-DiscordServer
https://gmlft.co/SF-Academy-Discord

Discontinuing operations on Windows 8/ 8.1 and iOS 9

Sniper Fury will no longer be available on your device if you’re running on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or iOS 9. In order to continue playing, you will need to upgrade the operating system. We strongly advise you to save your progress with your social account so you can continue where you left off after the upgrade.

We have everything in place, and ready to go live ASAP.
The battlefield is ready. Are you?
***************************************************************************************************************************

I'll get back to you after I've read this a couple of times, flippin big enough to need read more than once, and big enough to worry me about how much will be broken in it!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

The Forge - will it help us clean out the gun cupboard, or is it another GameLoft ploy to trick us into expenditure, who knows (yet)?

As for the rest, well juries still out, just have to wait and see if the hype is correct.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

First failure of the update promises found;

• Consumables activation - won an unlimited piercing bullet on StW (which is not on the list of 'will not automatically activate' which is actually pants anyway) which did not activate and is nowhere to be found in inventory, it's simply lost, not promising is it!
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

My 2x XP that was paid for (gold) in the Black Market started automatically. 10,000 gold lost.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Update: A 3x XP from StW did show up in Inventory. Confusion reigns.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Along with;

• Transparent weapon upgrade requirements

Still in the dark, most opaque transparency I've ever seen!
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Happened again today, StW and won a 15 minute unlimited piercing bullet, and it's nowhere to be seen.

And another a 15 minute unlimited slo-mo, same thing doesn't activate nor is it anywhere in inventory.

So much for those items on StW, this needs fixing.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

So odd. On Discord, the GM said that the update 50 was being delayed a few days to get out the bugs. Then out it came along with the swarm of locusts.
Attachments
6/16/2021
6/16/2021
Capture.JPG (118.07 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Nice idea, shame they didn't bother doing it :roll: