Alien Sky 3 Stage Event - 09/07/2021

GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Alien Sky 3 Stage Event - 09/07/2021

Post by GWD »

Same armor, vastly different strength.

And my Lawnmower is far from fully upgraded.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (262.32 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (261.08 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Hey, has anyone noticed that the weapon seems to be blocking inferno??
I have tried using XXVII Captain in the event and I end up with 'Barrage', use it out side the of the event and Inferno works.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Just tried it and your right 'Inferno' is replaced by 'Barrage' on XXVII Captain.

Been noticing a few odd occurrences recently, 'Godlike' boosts not being godlike is one, I was completing Battle Pass challenges using different sniper weapons I equipped a few with godlikes and more than once a standard (no armour or resilience to anything) SM's took multiple shots to take down.

Weapons effectiveness being modified too, looks like the 'Weekend Team' is up to their antics again... :roll:
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

OK, I have now tried multiple Gear Sets and all act with Barrage inside the event. Looks like GL have deliberately setup barrage as the only Set Bonus that will work.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Or they just made a balls up of the exotic event again! :roll:
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I have just checked and if you go through the 'Event Intro', like we all don't, It says to "Use the converted Weapon and the gear set to finish stage 3".
My memory maybe fading, but I am sure this has been the standard blurb from the start of the 3 stage events and you could still use any gear set you wanted and got that set effect.
Anyways, the weapon is a POS if there are enemies that are Critical Hit protected and absorb all Status Effects. The Special Delivery Mk3 is a better option.

The only one who could possibly confirm this is Snipey now that the Forum has been shut down, and maybe that was GL's intention. Keep the players in the DARK.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Posted on Discord.
OK, need some things explained.
1. Why are these two weapons so vastly different in strength? Their function is nearly identical.
2. Why is the current weapon's shark's teeth and stupid vision blocking handle on the weapon's photo but when equipped on the avatar, both are gone?
3. In PVP the handle is annoyingly back but the shark's teeth still are gone.
4. Is the idiot that programmed the handle still employed by GL? If so, why?
5. Can we reasonably expect something to be done about fixing this weapon? Both the power and the visual.

And as already mentioned above, the Holos that are supposed to reload the weapon after a kill still do not work with any other gear except Star Stunt. Will the Holos with the other gear sets work after the event is over?

And, finally, since barrage is based on the weapon's power, it is woefully weak and unable to kill 10^ and 11^ SMs.

What a mess.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (233.18 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (224.31 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Well event completed and the 'Carnage' wasn't really worth the wait or the work, rated at 95000k per hit & 169.07b damage per minute it's still a bit MEH!

Tried on a mid range 10*/11* base and managed it using XXIII Captain using barrage twice in the first room, but it's certainly not going to do the necessary on a high level base.

At least you get some 11* SM's with +10% for spec ops, the only plus I can see with this event.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Well stated.^^^^^
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Plus the wastage of parts this time again is just stupid (195 parts left over), before the old forums closed I asked that GameLoft open 'The Forge' on the last day so we could at least use them up, but as usual nada!

And surprise, it's flaming open this morning after the event is over and the left over parts gone :evil: is this just a stupid accident or are they purposely taking the rip out of players...
Attachments
waste.PNG
waste.PNG (587.94 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I think your last statement is on the nose, they are just taking the P.
I have just noted the Young'ns attacking my base, they are failing big time because I use the old armoured and critical protected squadies. So yep, it is a POS.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Numerous attacks on my base using Carnage and the only ones that succeed used sleeping gas, so no SM's to take down...

That as a result of a 3 stage event is ridiculous considering the long hard slog and resource usage to get it, not a happy bunny with GameLoft on this one (again)!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I don't even bother doing the Victory Day Events any more, they are just resource suckers. Note I have used XXVII with Carnage and can just kill a Mid Range 11* base dependent on the setup. As I have said before, Carnage is a POS for the effort required to obtain it. Does GL care, they don't give a toss.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Tried it with both XXVIII Captain and STAR STUNT (obviously a misspelling there) and Cap is better than the awarded gear to match the weapon (you just can't give it enough face-palms) and just as you say anything over a mid range 10*/11* base and it just isn't capable.

As for Victory Day events, I can't remember the last time I did one, that's when the cheaters really come out in force!

But as you say again GameLoft doesn't give a toss, they'd rather ignore the problems and hope players will just live with it, I'm growing rapidly more exhausted with it, the community we had before was pretty much all that kept me playing, wonder how many have dropped of the grid since then.