Stranded - 30/08/2021

GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Stranded - 30/08/2021

Post by GWD »

Yes, Ch 9 was not a breeze to be sure.

I'm planning on having to re-do several of the Ch 10 missions until I get them right. It takes me a while to get the pattern correct. Should be able to get it done in the extra time after Ch 10 opens and before the event ends.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I'm a couple of upgrades above what's needed and it's still a POS, only plus is nt used a single pack this time.

Might start chucking old crappy exotics into the forge...
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

What Forge???

As you likely know, it is only available for a VIP subscription nowadays. (It just expired and those with VIP subscriptions says it was a POS.)

GL said that the recent VIP-only Forge was "only an experiment" ...to see if it would make them some cash (my words). We will see what happens with the next Forge experiment.

I'm going to hold on to old un-updated weapons to be able to complete some of the Warlord requirements. Those fully upgraded ones will head to the Forge if it ever comes back for standard players (not pay-for-play ones).
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I know they were 'offering' a VIP Forge but thought that was in addition to the regular one, with better items/lower requirements.

But, again, why should I be surprised that it's another cash grab.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Well Chapter 10 done (chucked a few stones at it just to get it over and done with), first 4 missions needed to use barrage, funnily last mission I didn't :shock:

Tested on my own base, lvl 83 and managed to take out my 2 grey drones, just, and that was it, all over.

Gear was Tough Bunny as I don't have a full gear set for it so don't know if the affinity is working or not, if someone's got US Awsome to try it let us know.
Attachments
gun.PNG
gun.PNG (315.46 KiB) Viewed 4077 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Tried it with Climate Control armor (slo-mo & affinity active).

Results: Could barely move the damage bar on an 11* Suppressor. Four magazines and that was all she wrote. Maybe with God-like it would work...but then again, everything works with God-like.

Couldn't tell if the affinity made any difference and head shots were being hit. Forge fodder for sure...if we ever see the (free) Forge again.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Just to rub salt into the wounds, the parts wastage is still stupid with over 17 hours to go (I could quite easily open another 6-7, and some more StW) so possibly another 20 odd parts to add to the current 93, and again no forge active...
Attachments
parts.PNG
parts.PNG (110.43 KiB) Viewed 4072 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

As you were saying:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (124.44 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Given up on the event, have an 85% upgraded weapon and can just take out a real weak lvl 10 base using Cold Blooded and an AP. If I see a lvl 11 squadie, refresh and move on. You can get away with this setup on a low lvl 9 without an AP, but you have to time the Inferno. Anything under a lvl 9, look out for armoured and resistant squadies an take your pick.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

I have long maintained that the weapons in Exotic Events are primarily just for the particular event and not for getting the next super weapon for PVP or other section of the game. Occasionally, a decent weapon is offered but it is more often in a 3-stage special event. There have even been duds in those long events.
Since 10*->11* upgrades are coming soon, there will almost certainly be an explosion of full 11* bases. It is then that GL will have to come out with a new and more powerful weapon to appease the howlers about how difficult the game has become.
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Hey, is this some insider trading?? I have not seen or heard of the 10-11 upgrade option being released.
But it is interesting that GL have pushed up the Base Defense and not offered any weapon that can take down even a 2x11-3x10 combo without using boosts. My initial thoughts here were that they are trying to push player to the ARENA as there has been an abundance of offers, buy hey we get what get and make the most of it.
A quick aside, has anyone found those annoying Elites that attack and then shoot of to the side out of weapon arc?? have been finding a few in the latest Victory Day Event.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

No insider trading going on (well, maybe a little), just information from the GL manager on Discord. No date was given. Rather, now that the illegal 11* SMs have been found and deleted (along with banning players), GL has opened the door to the 10*->11* coming "soon".

Of course, the disclaimer has to be, "What does soon mean?".

Your Arena theory could very well be valid. However, Arena has multiple problems and bugs that need to be worked out and players tend to try it and come away with a "Nah, not yet" reaction.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

This is why you got your user rank :D

P.S. Do you want that username change to take it back to what it used to be :)
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Decker wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:02 pm This is why you got your user rank :D

P.S. Do you want that username change to take it back to what it used to be :)
If you mean "GWD" sure.

I can't even remember the 5 letters of my user name on here. Three letters is about the limit my brain can handle nowadays.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

:lol: And done, haven't tried it but you should use the shorter username to log in, if you can try it in a different browser if you've a browser that remembers your login, just in case you can't login using the new user (try the old one as well if the new one doesn't work) :D