Stranded - 30/08/2021

Decker Great Britain

Stranded - 30/08/2021

Post by Decker »

Here we go again, bit more hopeful about this one...

So set in the Stranded region, weapon Bloody Sacrifice seems to have some plus points this time.

Affinity - Driven - Marksman 100% headshot bonus and Radioactive 50% more damage and slowdown 80% for 5 seconds, not the best but not terrible.

Weapon itself, decent rate of fire and reload speed, stability seems good from the start, sights useable BUT once you've hit a tango and it turns red you loose sight of the sights as it's a red dot, found myself having to re-aim most of the time which is distracting and time consuming, hopefully that might change with upgrades but I won't be holding my breath.

Looks like the standard upgrade path of 11 and starting at 4x5 and 1x4 parts needed for the first upgrade, lets hope the parts drops are fair, again no breath holding happening here.
Attachments
UG.PNG
UG.PNG (114.74 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
GUN.PNG
GUN.PNG (489.68 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
AF.PNG
AF.PNG (365.08 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Stranded - 30/08/2021

Post by GWD »

Good to see that you are hopeful for this one.

May your wishes come true.
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Well I am not too sure how good it will be, looking at the weapon stats it sits in-between Desert Heat and Fever Pitch with a DPM rating of 12564m, that's a long way behind the Cato Warden Lucky at 44941m
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I have just completed a weapon update and it still takes 1/2 a mag to take out a boat, so I don't think this weapon is heading in the right direction strength wise
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Actually, it is very revealing. The weapon is nearly fully upgraded already without a single upgrade. Because of this, the upgrades are quite minor percentagewise and almost unnoticeable. It is not going to be much better than it is right now even when fully upgraded.

This has been going on for the last few weapons for some reason. In the past, weapons started off very weak and each upgrade was a large percentage of the final value so the improvement was marked.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

I suppose in some way this is a good idea, it lets you know if it is a POS at the start or something worth chasing. This time around I don't think I will be wasting any resources to complete the event.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Suppose someone will have to win it to find out the actual DPM figure as that's not shown, and as we know that number is subject to change.

Reason I was a bit hopeful about this one is that it didn't seem to have any (seemingly) major drawbacks, I don't think it's going to be a base killer, but I thought it was a step in the right direction for exotics!
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Just noticed too, the 'Radioactive' affinity shows the right icon for the effect but does not slow down the target as it should, difficult to know if more damage is caused as well.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Yes, I noticed that also. It seems like it takes a high number of shots to kill anything. Not sure how this weapon will get through the 14 kills and 15 kills it takes at the higher levels.

After all, the weapon is nearly all the way upgraded from the very beginning. Better performance is not in the cards unless GL applies some mercy buffs(doubtful).
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

My original hopes have dwindled to all but zero, the stability seems to be getting worse as it wanders.

Finished Chapter 5 and it's a push to take out 8 tangos within the time, it's minimum half a mag for any target, man or machine, not good for the event and would suggest horrendous for PvP.

Parts shortages for upgrades are now hitting as the requirements goes up, again wondering if I want to bother completing this one.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Ran a 24 hour deputy I got in the forge as I was got fed up with the constant crashing out when viewing videos, all the upgrades bar one I should need are done, Chapter 6 completed and with a few more upgrades it does seem slightly better all round but not a high level base killer by a long way.

And is it just me or are GameLoft stretching these event out more?
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 7 done, first & fifth missions are boats, you'll need a barrage for both.

First mission the after you get the last SM the last wave of boats are almost on target, you don't have time to shoot them all.

Fifth mission getting the last two boats and the last SM is a squeeze so barrage makes it cleaner.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Those boats take far more time to sink than they should. I can see how barrage is necessary. Might try a SM with slo-mo to see how that works.

The goons don't seem to be affected by the listed affinity as described. They turn red with a "radioactive" icon but that is about it. Or so it seems.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Agreed, the affinity does nothing, usual quality of testing at GameLoft...
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapters 8 7 9 done, same old barrage for boats and had to use one on a SM chapter 9 mission due to time, it just takes way too long to kill anything, although that may change after the event...