Mirage 3 Stage Event - 11/10/2021

Decker Great Britain

Mirage 3 Stage Event - 11/10/2021

Post by Decker »

Almost exactly 4 months on from the last Mirage 3 stage event here comes another one :P

So we're starting off in Mirage for this one, anyone's guess for the next 2 stages.

First couple of things noticed, helios go down in 2 shots, and the first upgrade is required at mission 4, which shouldn't be too much of a problem as thankfully the initial requirements are only 4 parts (no cores required at this point but are from here on in), second upgrade will cost you double at 8 parts.

Weapon, Voltimand -> Hamlet -> Yorick, Ice Vail Bypass, ignores this shield and goes right through (not much of a chuckle for those that spent cold hard cash on IV SM's is it), although never thought much of that shield type anyway, can't work out what's meant to be special about it, and Precision, increases crit hit chance +25%.

Reload is excruciatingly long and drawn out and that could be a killer for this weapon before it even gets past the first stage.

Gear, Crestfall, 15% exotic boost bit of extra crit hit bonus and =5% defence, and for a change slow time not barrage.

Sqaddies, 4 off by the looks of it with shields and headless, killer for those of us who like Sot, although it's the 'lesser' SM's (sniper, elite, RPG and assault) but no doubt the other 2 will be for sale or requiring a massive amount of rubies in an event.
Attachments
attrib.PNG
attrib.PNG (49.69 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
aff.PNG
aff.PNG (356.39 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
up1-2.PNG
up1-2.PNG (254.96 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
up2-3.PNG
up2-3.PNG (268.6 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Mirage 3 Stage Event - 11/10/2021

Post by GWD »

Very good analysis of this event. It will be interesting to see how it all washes out after Stage 3. (Don't really like the weapon at this point.)

I'm running a Deputy to get a bit ahead on the parts. It should make the event less hectic.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Thanks, we do try :D

Chapter 2 Mission 1 upgrade required, seems to be following suit as per previous, baring in mind the weapon HAS TO BE FULL UPGRADED by the end of level, so running a deputy (possibly more than one) is going to be a necessity I would guess.

Still not stuck on the weapon itself, and using a gear set with a holo for reload on kill doesn't seem to be working, so that reload problem is going to be a real one unless it's in event only, but it shouldn't be...
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

On the reload issue, your thoughts mirror mine. A reload after a kill will be a notable and favorable factor in the use of this "gun".
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 2 Mission 4 another upgrade required, pattern is starting to emerge here...

Also blast radius seems to be not terrible, as in there is an actual radius surrounding the shot target that takes damage.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Not going to bother waiting to be prompted to upgrade, no point is there :lol:

So just for info, upgrade from 3 -> 4 requirements;
Attachments
ug3-4.PNG
ug3-4.PNG (115.7 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

My sweet little 24-hour Deputy gave me enough parts to almost fully upgrade the "weapon". It was short on muzzles. Another day of opening a few more packs and it is now fully upgraded. The rest of this stage will be just for stocking up on parts. Hopefully, this strategy pays off by Stage 3.

If GL returns to discarding all parts before the next stage then I'll likely tear out the remaining hair that I am left with. Nah, they wouldn't do that (would they?).

The prompting to upgrade is not very useful information since the goal is to upgrade as soon and as often as possible. Being prompted means a player is a bit behind.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Ran a deputy too, mag size is 10 max, going to be a task with that reload...
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Yes, but at least if your avatar has a barrage feature then you'll get one barrage. It may be enough to get through those 15 SMs in Chapter 10/5. An avatar with slo-mo may even work decently.
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Looking at the intro, you will have to use the gear from stage 2 for stage 3, which means you will have slo-mo. The last event was the same, whatever gear set you had equipped it reverted to the default Set Bonus for the event.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Bit more interested in this one now, just finished chapter 7 and weapon fully upgraded and it does seem to hand out quite a pounding to the point where you 'feel' the blast if the tangos get a bit close.

Be interesting after the end of this stage to try it out on my base and see what extras Hamlet gets :)
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

The weapon seem to be able to do a multiple kill with its blast range now that it is fully upgraded. At the least, nearby enemies receive a ding. Not sure if the multiple "missiles" it launches is the true breadth of the explosion. It seems like the sight has to be pretty much right on the subject to get a clean kill sometimes.

The reload is a negative to be sure but it can be covered with a barrage if your avatar is so equipped. The barrage works like a short slo-mo while the reload happens as well as clearing the screen of enemies.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Skipped through to Chapter 10, 120 stones thrown at that, the current weapon performs fine in the event, I just wanted to try it out on an actual base :D

As expected, as it's only at stage 1, it sucked :lol: one thing, if a protector is active and you need to reload (holo still not working) your boned!

Tried it with T.B. as both barrage and the 2 questionable affinities are active.

Roll on Chapter 2 and hopefully some changes to the basics applied to Hamlet.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Well I've had enough of this stage :P bowing out with 117 parts left over, so they'd better carry over.

In fairness I ran a 24 hour deputy, and will most likely have to run another.

The weapon fires one projectile, all the 'noise' around the shot was confusing the issue making it look like a multi shot but I've played with it a bit and it's a one-shot-wonder, but it does have a bit of a blast radius (hopefully that will get bigger in following stages).
Attachments
parts.PNG
parts.PNG (194.47 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

On point. ^^^^^