Shanghai Rumble -> Dubai Eclipse -> Tokyo Nights

GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Shanghai Rumble -> Dubai Eclipse -> Tokyo Nights

Post by GWD »

Here we go again...another three stage event. I swore off these after the last one but the armor and SMs are a bit too enticing.

Maybe a couple of Deputies will do the job again...but maybe not. GL has a way of sucking blood out of players.

The sniper weapon is not that impressive at the start with only Infravision and Precision but that may improve as Chapters progress. Hopefully, the slo-o-o-o-o-w reload is dealt with by the end of the event.
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Shanghai Rumble

Post by GWD »

The first three missions (Ch 1/3) can be done without a weapon upgrade. Mission 4 requires an upgrade.

For some reason, I have a lot of chips but not much else. Oh well, patience is the key. With only 3 packs opened and 3 more in waiting to time out there should be an easy upgrade in there without wasting a Supreme Pack or two.

As an aside: Lucky Draw's 3 free spins gave me garbage...not a surprise.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (88.74 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (85.62 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

You did better than me in the Lucky draw...
rw.PNG
rw.PNG (115.57 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Agree the weapon is a bit 'meh' but I do like infravision, it can give you a slight edge knowing where your next target is coming from, but if that's it's big selling point again meh!

Again gear, I've got a set that's almost identical, so only mild interest there, and only 1 SM I'd have a use for so is it worth it to me???
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Can anyone confirm if you don't complete the 3rd stage, you still have the upgraded weapon albeit at a really low level??
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

That was the way it was for the last 3-stage event. The theory is that you already own the weapon from the first stage so you have earned a weapon. Stage 2 converts the weapon to a higher level but you still own the "weapon". Finally, Stage 3 again converts the weapon that you won in Stage 1 (and converted in Stage 2).

Thus, you have earned a weapon of some sort. GL can't take the weapon away without compensation so you are left with the Stage 3 weapon if you get that far. It is upgraded as much as you can at event's end. So you could have a fully upgraded weapon and not complete the event but it would be unusual.

All that said, GL could change things without notice. Its not that I don't trust them...I just don't trust anybody.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

I don't like to risk it as I don't trust Gameloft.

Next upgrades at chapter 2 missions 1 & 4, then again chapter 3 missions 1 & 4 too.

The reload is a big problem, combining a semi-auto with bolt action cocking is a real slow down.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

A GL moderator on Discord wrote that this 3-stage Exotic event would be easier than the last one. We trust GL of course.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Believe it when I see it, hopefully they mean less parts required for upgrades.

Same again chapter 4, upgrades required at missions 1 & 4.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Same again chapter 5, so 2 upgrades per chapter means you must completely upgrade the weapon to complete the stage, at least then you know where you stand!
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Interesting that someone has said it would be easier, Yuletide required a minimum 94 Packs in the first stage of the event, this time around you need a minimum of 107 Packs. How is that easier???
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Maybe the next two stages will have less severe requirements. But knowing GL, maybe not. It all could be a ruse.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 8 finished and the same again 2 upgrades at mission 1 & 4, I have 1 to go on stability and 4 on thermal, that's 5 for the last 2 chapters so unless there's 3 required in chapter 10 you can still fail to complete the weapon BUT complete the chapters, bit of a gotcha there so careful with that one...

Ran 1x24 hour deputy for this chapter and guessing it will be the same as before needing 1 for each chapter.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

I've opened about a dozen chests and have one upgrade left to complete the weapon requirements. Only one more clip and finish Chapter 10 will do it for Stage 1. I think I'll make it.

The first 24-hour Deputy will be run at the beginning of Stage 2 and, as a guess, another at the beginning of Stage 3. The Deputy gives me a welcome 24-hour respite from playing the game. Game-celibacy may not affect how many chests are opened but it gives an excuse for a long rest and to do real-life things.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (350.55 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Well in the best traditions of taking one for the team I opened chapter 10 early, upgrades required at missions 1 & 3 & 5 so yep you need to upgrade all the way to go on to the next stage.

I needed to use a 24 hour deputy, but that's down to me feeling hellish and not putting as much time in as I usually would, and open several packs to get all the upgrades done, but as you can see from what's left the imbalance in drops is still very poor, plus the vast majority of StW drops have been gold which is 99.99% useless in the exotic events as there's not that much gold require for upgrades, but it does help GameLoft water down the drop rates of anything useful.
Attachments
ug.PNG
ug.PNG (199.72 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Great information. That is a lot of upgrades for one Chapter. Haven't seen it before.

Hopefully, GL adds some decent perks to the weapon in Stage 2 and Stage 3 otherwise it will be useless compared to other weapons with the same affinity. The armor and SMs look to be of decent value.

Planning out what day to use the Deputy. It will be during a 24-hour period that has a lot of real-life events going on.