Shanghai Rumble -> Dubai Eclipse -> Tokyo Nights

GWD United States of America
Messenger
Messenger

Re: Shanghai Rumble

Post by GWD »

Now changed to "Dubai Eclipse". Not sure if it warrants a new thread. Probably not.

The weapon is still mired in the attributes of the Stage 1 weapon. Nothing special except....now Infravision doesn't work with any avatar suit like it did in Stage 1. The avatar suit must have the Exclusive affinity. A reasonable guess is that Precision doesn't work without the right suit either.

Usually, this "must have the right suit" for the affinity is saved for Stage 3 when you have earned the "right" suit in Stage 2.
Decker Great Britain

Dubai Eclipse

Post by Decker »

infravision works for me, might have been an early in the event bug that they just missed (again).

I would have thought that the weapon would have come with more than it has in stage 2 but it's just a slight upgrade on the crit hit chance which is nothing to write home about...

Also looks like we've got the shedloads of parts required for upgrades stage 2 again too.

You can just add the next stage to your original post :D did it for you.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Shanghai Rumble -> Dubai Eclipse

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

OK, Here are the numbers you require to complete the Event Level :-
Muzz, Mag, Chip, Scope, all need 105. Cores need 60.
So, to complete this stage you are going to require a minimum 160 Packs.
Good luck, and so much for 'this is going to be an easier event'.
GL LIES AGAIN
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Same as last time for upgrades, missions 1 & 4 for chapters 2 & 3, and as expected the cost for each upgrade is as previous 3 stage events, 18 parts from level 2 -> 3 & 24 parts from level 3 -> 4, goodness knows what 4 -> 5 & 5 -> 6 will be...

GameLoft lying, surely not, maybe being wilful participants in a campaign of misinformation :lol:
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

To answer your question, 4->5 = 30 parts and 5->6 = 36 parts

Just to let you know, it took me 184 packs to fully upgrade the weapon. Thankfully I ran 2 Deputies in the first event.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Thanks for the numbers Corp, if they thought it was to be easier the second stage part requirements would have been the best place to start :roll:
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Same again missions 1 & 4 upgrade required, that's all that's going on in this event, just plain boring.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 7 same old same old, 2 upgrades required to complete, yawn...
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Chapter 8 - same again, eating up parts though, so much for this one being 'easier'...
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

GL has one last chance to make good on the "easier" statement. Maybe Stage 3 will not have the Draconian parts requirements that were found in the previous 3-stage event. That event was ridiculous and many players could not finish or simply gave up.

However, using one Deputy, I fully upgraded the Stage 2 weapon by Chapter 6. That didn't happen in the last event. There were the dozen or so Supreme Packs that were opened that could account for the difference.
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

So finished chapter 10 (threw some rubies at it - usual take one for the team situation) and nothing special, I didn't need to use any barrage or slo-mo this time, apart from the reload fiasco it's okay in use.

Now stick the gear on a spare slot and go to equip the weapon, just out of habit, and guess what, ICESPIKE is still in inventory and is not fully upgraded anymore plus is ahead of IVORY RIFLE in base power but well behind in DPM (49774m vs 109.57b bare in mind ICESPIKE is no longer fully upgraded).

Lets see what stage 3 holds for us, not however to hopeful (again)…
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

So nearing the end of stage 2 and having ran a deputy for each stage I'm carrying forward 145 parts, hopefully it might save me using a third deputy, but who knows.

The thing that is obvious is where the odds have been stacked for parts drops, with cores being he highest drop rate (for me anyway) and chips the lowest, out of 145 parts there is a 40 part difference between cores and chips, ridiculous, if you needed to level up parts you would be racing through packs to do it, so much again for it being easier to win this one.
Attachments
parts.PNG
parts.PNG (201.63 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

The new weapon, Defroster, is a beast. (Weapons forum is locked so can't post there.) The only reason to upgrade it is to increase its strength and win it in the end.

Don't need Scope because of Seek & Destroy.
Don't need Stability for the same reason.

Don't need Thermal because of Infravision.

Don't need Mag Size because of Everlasting Ammo.

Plus, it has Symbiosis so barrage is automatically reloaded on kill (Furmitable & others) or whatever set bonus you like. Precision boosts Critical Hits by 75%.

So far, the upgrade requirements are very low compared to the last 3-stage event. So may GL came through on their promise that this event would be easier. I may have wasted a Deputy. Should have waited until Stage 3 opened.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (364.75 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

Well, Defroster is to Level 4 in each of the categories and then the scopes ran out. Guess the Deputy wasn't wasted.

The only minus with this weapon appears to be its strength. 409.5m puts is down a bit on the weapons list. Not terrible, but not the strongest out there. The attributes may make up for the relative weakness when we get to PVP. It may even be worth a try now on a very weak base just to see what happens.

Plus, the time it takes for the bullet to arrive is disconcerting. I can see a sniper or RPG getting off a shot during the pause.
Messenger
Messenger

Post by GWD »

An all 6^ base was easily taken out in a few seconds by the partially upgraded Defroster. No aiming, no reloading, and I had forgotten that it pierces cover so that made things even easier. Just hold down the mouse button. Lazy, lazy.

I'll wait awhile before trying a 12* base.