Trouble in SF-land

intolt United States of America
Recruit
Recruit

Trouble in SF-land

Post by intolt »

Finally got on with the connection issues today, but it has me starting a new player with the tutorial at level 1.
I couldn't find a way to log in with my dog tag ID#, which is just as well, as I can't readily locate the dog tag of my character.
Am I SOL?
Decker Great Britain

Re: Trouble in SF-land

Post by Decker »

How did you login when creating your account intolt, did you use your Facebook or Microsoft details?

You need to go to the settings (cog icon) and Connect (chain links) then choose to connect, hope that helps.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Corporal Kiwi New Zealand
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Corporal Kiwi »

Have had the same issue a few times.
First make sure you are logged into your Facebook or Microsoft Account.
Start the game.
You will be asked to enter your DOB and Sex.
Play the Intro section.
At some point you Should Get a "Don't I Know You From Some Where?" pop up.
At that point you will have to 'Link' to one of your accounts, FB or MS.
It should then ask you if you want to load the saved game or your 'Current Game', hit 'Yes' LOOK AT THE OPTIONS you should pick the one on the RIGHT.
DON'T HIT SKIP, if you do, you will over write your saved game and will have to go through GL CS to try and get it back, not easy but it can be done.
Hope this helps.
intolt United States of America
Recruit
Recruit

Post by intolt »

Logging into Facebook fixed everything. Thanks!
Also, I was just about to claim all of my Battlepass rewards, (I wait for a day off to run the 3X XP for 3 hours, and claim all of the rewards at the same time) when I was originally disconnected, so I fretted about losing all of the rewards, in addition to my account.
I did mention that in a CS claim, and when I got my character back, I had all of the rewards to boot. GL must have done that.

It's funny, I kind of feel burned out on this game, but faced with losing everything, I missed it haha
Decker Great Britain

Post by Decker »

Glad you got your character back :D

A lot of us feel the same way about the game, with me it's what a waste of 6 years grinding it would be.

I just keep hoping GameLoft will eventually hire someone that knows what they are doing and they fix the problems :roll:
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be pissed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c